Business Development Representative
The Business Development Representative’s primary responsibility is to develop new business relationships with both new and existing customers and markets for Acumentrics, Inc. This individual needs to be focused and results oriented on high leverage activities coupled with strong bias towards action and drive to deliver results in short time frame.
Business Development Representative Duties and Responsibilities
- Experienced B2B Business Development Professional – with demonstrated experience Mapping, Prioritizing, Penetrating, and Closing large Multinational customers / Military / Commercial Customers / Projects
- Analytical Strategic Thinker – Ability to gather and synthesize broad range of data sources and recommend strategy / tactics to exploit identified opportunities
- “Board Room Presence” – Has demonstrated ability to engage executives from all levels or the organization from PEO to CEO.
- Identifying and qualifying business opportunities; coordinating business generation activities; developing customized targeted sales strategies in collaboration with the sales team
- Building business relationships with current and potential clients
- Identifying and researching opportunities that come up in new and existing markets
- Understanding client needs and working with the team to develop offering solutions and support; answering potential client questions and follow-up call questions; responding to client requests for proposals (RFPs)
- Collaborating with sales and leadership to secure, retain, and grow accounts
- Creating informative presentations; presenting and delivering information to potential clients at client meetings, industry exhibits, trade shows, conferences, and virtual presentations
- Creating and maintaining a list/database of prospect clients; maintaining a database (Salesforce, CRM, Excel, etc.) of prospective client information
- Cold calling; making multiple outbound calls to potential clients; working with the client through the closing process
- Meeting all quotas for cold, active, inactive calls, appointments, and interviews; meeting or exceeding annual goals
- Maintaining a pipeline of all sales administration using CRM software
- Collaborating with management on sales goals, planning, and forecasting; maintaining short- and long-term business development plans
- HS Diploma required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred, or equivalent experience;
- 4+ years of military, technical management, or other customer service experience required and/or;
- 4+ years of proven track record as a B2B Business Development Professional with demonstrated experience mapping prioritizing, penetrating, and closing large multinational customers/Military/Commercial Customers/Projects
- 4+ years of cold calling experience; previous experience in an outbound call center, inside sales experience, or related sales experience; knowledge of sales process from initiation to close
- Ability to work with all levels of positions within the Company;
- Retired Military with an active DoD CAC Card that allows physical access to DoD Bases, Buildings and Controlled Spaces is a plus.
- Formal sales training considered a plus (Sandler, Miller Heiman etc.)
- Ability to gather and synthesize a broad range of data sources and recommend strategy/tactics to exploit identified opportunities;
- Has the ability to QUICKLY recognize and uncover all the high level go/no go criteria information in determining Acumentrics “Right To Win” before they invest company resources in pursuing the opportunity.
- Has the ability to build decision maker relationships and networks to uncover and understand an opportunities technical and business requirements to quickly identify why existing/competitive solutions will not work and then confidently lead the customer through Trade Studies, RFIs, RFQs using sound technical evidence to convince the customer that Acumentrics is the only solution that will solve all of the customers problems.
- Experience with lead generation and prospect management
- Strong leadership, self-initiative, resource utilization, and time management skills, as well as team focused;
- Solid interpersonal, written and verbal communication, presentation, and strong computer skills;
- Willingness and ability to travel as required;
- Experience using Salesforce or other CRM required;
- Strong ability to work independently/autonomously.
- Experience using government contract research tools (Bloomberg Government or similar service) considered a plus.