Acumentrics is seeking a Sales Engineer with experience in the development and selling of power electronics or similar hardware, along with providing technical support, to the DOD, Homeland Security, Prime Contractors, and Commercial Industries (Telecom, Medical, Robotics, Energy, etc.). This position will be responsible in supporting the sales team in the identification, qualification, and capture of power supply opportunities within government and commercial markets, and will work closely with the Sales and Marketing team in converting new and existing business opportunities that are consistent with Acumentrics’ core competencies, business strategy and revenue targets. The position is located in our Corporate Headquarters in Walpole, MA and will report to the Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing.
- Identify opportunities from cold calls, web leads, reps, trade shows, meetings and industry networking. Support the sales team through the RFI, RFQ, capture, product qualification, LRIP (Low Rate Initial Production) and FRP (Full Rate Production) Phases.
- Work with Acumentrics internal and external representatives to successfully achieve acceptable gross margin levels in developing winning solutions using established pricing, administrative and operational ISO Policies and Procedures.
- Utilize well developed listening and open ended questioning to uncover the customers technical and business requirements to allow the sales engineer to obtain the information they need to craft a winning solution and build a strong customer relationships.
- Collaborate with Acumentrics’ engineering and operation teams in gathering technical information necessary in crafting a unique winning solution using Acumentrics Products and Service that meets the customer technical and business requirements.
- Using Acumentrics Products and Services to create quotes and proposals that include system block diagrams, compliance matrix, schedules along with other pertinent information necessary to respond to customer RFI, RFQs and other opportunity.
- Help clients solve problems with installed equipment.
- Help in researching, defining and coordinating evaluations of new products.
- Manage account-wide sales forecasting and opportunity reporting.
- Support the RMA process.
- Field incoming calls and webchat inquiries.
- Support sales team colleagues with the above activities.
Key skills and attributes you should exhibit:
- Polished and articulate; able to effectively communicate with all levels of a corporation from engineering to executives.
- Persistent in pursuit of opportunities. Not discouraged by unresponsive prospects or obstacles, or rejection encountered when prospecting.
- Possess ability to make confident and reasoned decisions in the execution of the Sales function including processes that affect every day work.
- Establish and maintains an open, professional and efficient means of communication with all customers, both internal and external. Maintain an attitude of quickly responding to internal and external customer needs. Working to the work and not the clock.
- Know when and how to involve other departments and teams to ensure that exceptional support is being provided to the customer always.
- Display the ability to work effectively and efficiently to achieve goals in a highly variable and often stressful business.
- Interface with other departments and work effectively in formal and informal cross-functional teams.
- Has ability to work with minimal supervision, prioritizing work flow daily and effectively planning and organizing work responsibilities.
- Continuously look for opportunities to implement new and innovative ways for driving revenue through solution sales activities.
- Take a proactive approach to interpreting the customer’s requirements and assisting in addressing the customer’s needs while qualifying and advancing sales lead opportunities.
- Professional display and demonstration always in one’s mode of speech, dress, and personal behavior.
- Excellent verbal, written, listening and speaking skills.
- Clearly evident enthusiasm for continuous learning and professional improvement.
- Travel 10% to 20%.
A BS in the Engineering field, with inside/outside technical sales experience preferred. The ideal candidate is familiar with power electronics and has sales experience in the military and industrial sectors. Additionally, a working knowledge of ERP (Epicor is preferred), CRM (salesforce.com is preferred) and experience working with outside reps is required. Past Military Service is considered a plus.
- Travel up to 10 to 20%
- When not traveling, the successful candidate will be expected to work in a hybrid remote/in office (Walpole facility) arrangement.
- Trade show set up and break down.
- Two person lift and carry of 150lbs to table height.
- Also being able to stand and walk more than 4 hours (trade show booth duty and attendance).
- Must be able to drive in excess of 4 hours (customer visits).
- Must be able to maintain a high level of focus (internal/external meetings) more than 4 hours.
- Must be able to fly in excess of 10 hours.
Acumentrics has a results-oriented culture that demands excellence, agility, and the desire to move quickly and precisely to seize opportunities. Our environment is both challenging and supportive – we give employees the opportunity to develop their skills and do their best work.
Acumentrics offers a total compensation package that is competitive within the industry. Our compensation and benefits offerings are designed to deliver exceptional rewards to exceptional performers, and include paid vacation and Federal holidays, with 401(k), medical and dental insurance, individual performance bonus and a competitive salary (base + commission). Candidates wishing to apply should send their resume and cover letter indicating salary requirements to email@example.com